Gentlemen, it is hard to believe that this coming Sunday is Father’s Day. The past several weeks has seemed to not stop. With our oldest granddaughter graduating, open houses, birthday parties and do not forget just running around doing life.
It has also been a time of reflection, I have sat back and
watched my son (who is now 32) be a father to four, (a two-year-old, twelve,
fourteen, and eighteen years old). I had forgotten about the struggles of
raising teenagers, and a toddler. I just had the two (Ethan and Meghan). It is
amazing watching him navigate life with all the different personalities.
Now in my sixties I reflect on what I attempted to show my
son about parenting, and what I now attempt to help him show my grandchildren. I
would like to share with you regardless of how you became a dad or grandfather (biological
children, stepchildren, adopted, foster, or an uncle that is the main male influence
in children’s lives). It is imperative we begin training our sons to be great
fathers by:
1) Teaching them who Christ is and understanding
the importance of a relationship with Him. Both through our example, and discussions,
and prayers with them.
2)
Show them how to respect their mother, so that
they will know how to treat their wives.
3)
Show them how to respect their grandparents, so that
they will understand how to respect you in the older years.
I pray that you have an amazing Father’s Day
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.